If you're looking for a place to work that believes in collaboration for win-win situations, thrives on sharing ideas and provides grassroots empowerment to all people, Lone Star Credit Union may be the place for you. As a trusted financial resource since 1967, we know we're connected deep within our communities. Every action each of us takes at LSCU is part of a bigger initiative that makes a true difference in people’s lives - for the better.
We're all about people
The reason our employees love working at LSCU? It's simple: the people. We share a common set of values focused on honesty, trust, service, respect and communication, reflected by our tenured staff and loyal Members. Although our credit union continues to grow, we still believe in taking a very personal approach in the way we do business. We take time to get to know our Members and find out what’s important to them. And we take the same approach with our employees.
We listen to your ideas. We value your experience. We know you’re going to bring something new and different to our organization that enhances our ability to grow and better serve our Members. We provide the support you need to grow professionally as well as personally. And we respect and encourage a healthy work-life balance with paid time off, retirement plans and affordable health, dental, and vision care.
When I first started with Lone Star Credit Union everyone would tell me “we are all family here!” I ended up living this statement personally with LSCU. Since my first day, I have felt so welcome. I have never worked for a company that genuinely cared for their employees and put aside their own business needs. It is amazing to work for a company that really gives back to their employees in many ways. I was very fortunate to be given a chance to become a part of the LSCU team. My time with LSCU has made me want to keep working hard and do the best I can as an individual to represent the company well and help our members feel valued for choosing us.
- Jessica T., 2020 Employee of the Year
"I love working for Lone Star Credit Union because of my coworkers, they make getting up and coming to work easy. We all have specific job duties, but we all work together as a team to get things done. We are culture driven and are one big family. "
- Meghan M., 2019 Employee of the Year
"I like working at Lone Star Credit Union because I am given the opportunity to learn and develop skills that allow me to grow and flourish within the company."
- Cruz G., 2018 Employee of the Year
"Every day I get to do something I love and make a difference in people's lives."
- Rosie V., 2018 Employee of the Year
We are searching for a Member-focused, goal-oriented, self-motivated individual to fill a virtual lender position. This position is responsible for assisting Members and potential members with their consumer lending needs through primarily inbound channels, such as phone and virtual appointments. By being enthusiastic and professional and providing quality and courteous service, the Virtual Lender will develop relationships, build trust and maintain integrity with every contact while ensuring the financial needs of the borrower are top priority. Accountable for achieving loan production goals and ancillary product sales.
- Accept consumer loan applications through primarily inbound channels and appointments. Conduct interview of Member or prospective member lending needs, ensure accurate input of information and support documentation into lending system, and communicate loan decision.
- Analyze potential lending opportunities involved in each lending situation to further assist the borrower as well as increase the credit union’s lending portfolio.
- Identify, discuss and recommend referral opportunities for ancillary products and ensure complete and timely enrollment.
- Conduct timely follow-up, processing and closing of loans.
- Accept home equity loan applications, complete upfront documents and ensure all required documentation is obtained. Close home equity loans as needed.
- Provide enthusiastic, professional, quality and courteous service. Answer general inquiries from Members, potential members and co-workers, and perform financial transactions as needed.
- Continuously stays abreast of all credit union products and services. Proactively assesses Member needs and looks for opportunities to improve their financial well-being.
- Follows all policies and procedures regulated by the credit union, as well as governmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Lending knowledge and excellent communication skills
- Ability to read and analyze credit reports
- Consistently work to attain sales goals by increasing Member usage of products & services.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and self-motivate
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment and develop strong working relationships
- Qualify and be actively registered with the NMLS
- Computer literate in a Windows operating environment
The full-time Staff Trainer will develop, enhance and conduct dynamic and learner-centric training programs for all staff. This position is about motivating staff to go above and beyond as well as train technical skills. It's about embracing the LSCU culture and living our Elements of Good, LSCU's core values. The ideal trainer will be forward thinking and have the ability to communicate and adapt to others, believing in behavior styles and the influence they have on improving interpersonal interactions.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation for new employees including but not limited to general training on our employee handbook, using our phone system and product and service training.
- Conduct position-specific training on job responsibilities, policies and procedures, core system and other ancillary systems needed to perform the job in the areas of teller, member service, operations, lending and other areas as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct training programs for the development of LSCU employees ensuring employees are prepared to complete necessary job duties.
- Conduct any technical and soft skill training needed.
- Assist the Employee Development Manager in identifying and meeting training needs for all staff.
- Prepare training and resource materials and creates training activities that result in interactive participation.
- Measure and evaluate progress and effectiveness of training. Report on progress of employees during training period.
- Contributes to organizational goals and supports priorities using strong classroom training, online training, coaching, and feedback skills for the development of new and existing employees.
- Maintain knowledge in relevant fields of training responsibilities including products, services, processes, systems and operations.
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively listen.
- Two-year college degree from a college or university; or two (s) or more years of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience must consist of broad-based financial institution experience, prior training, teaching or related experience.
- Proven presentation skills and facilitation skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to process new information quickly and be able to teach that information in an easy to understand format
- Ability to travel between branch locations, sometimes working in a branch office for an extended period of time
- Ability to learn and utilize various forms of training systems, software, and resources, including credit union intranet, learning management systems, content authoring tools, video editing software, and other training related resources.
- Proven ability to demonstrate patience, diplomacy, tact and professionalism and maintain confidentiality regarding issues of a sensitive nature.
Applicants are subject to a background investigation, consumer credit history check and aptitude testing. Applicants must be bondable. Lone Star Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.